Orthodontics Office Near El Mirage, AZ, Shares Tips for Vacationing with Braces
Warmer weather is here and with its arrival comes fun times and vacations for many of us. Even though a stay at the beach or a cross-country road trip should be exciting and care-free, our orthodontics office near El Mirage reminds you to always make your oral hygiene a priority, especially when you have braces.
Be Care-Free & Maintain Healthy Teeth
Regardless of where you're heading, when you hit the road this travel season, keep the following tips in mind:
In case of an emergency, it's always a good idea to research area orthodontists. That way, if you experience a broken bracket or wire, you don't have to wait days or weeks to see your regular orthodontist near El Mirage.
Keeping up your oral hygiene while on vacation can be tricky, especially when your days are packed with fun activities that take your mind elsewhere. Before you head off on your next adventure, our orthodontics team near El Mirage, AZ, suggests you create a travel-friendly braces care kit. This compact, organized kit can fit neatly in your carry-on or main luggage, ensuring you can properly care for your orthodontics while traveling.
- Compact mirror – It's essential to have a handy mirror to check if there's any food stuck between braces or if there are any issues that need attention.
- Orthodontic wax – This can be a lifesaver if you experience discomfort from a bracket or wire poking against your cheek or lip.
- Travel toothbrush – A smaller version of your regular toothbrush can make on-the-go brushing more convenient.
- Interdental brushes – These are great for getting into those tight spots between wires and brackets.
- Salt packets – In case of soreness, rinse your mouth with a saltwater solution (a teaspoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water) to soothe the area.
- Braces-friendly snack list – Create a small card listing the snacks that are safe for your braces. This will help you make quick, braces-friendly snack choices while on the move.
By ensuring you have these essentials in your braces care kit, you can confidently enjoy your vacation while giving your braces the care they deserve.
Additionally, vacations are packed full of distractions; however, you should be sure to maintain the same orthodontic care routine you have at home. Setting alarms on your phone while you’re away can be a useful way to remind yourself that it’s time to care for your braces. If you’d like more advice about orthodontic care while on vacation, simply call our orthodontist office near El Mirage, AZ.
Avoid Harmful Foods
One of the most exciting parts of going on vacation is getting to try interesting foods you wouldn't normally eat, right? Have fun experimenting, but also keep in mind there are certain types of foods you should avoid while wearing braces, even when you're on vacation. Try to steer clear of hard and chewy foods, plus foods that are abundantly sugary, or you risk wreaking havoc on your braces and your healthy teeth.
Contact El Mirage Orthodontics for More Information
For more tips on traveling with braces, contact our orthodontics team at our friendly office near El Mirage. You can also follow our blog to stay updated on industry news, developments, and professional advice. To learn more about our orthodontic treatments or to schedule a consultation, call us today – we can't wait to meet you!
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other topics related to orthodontics, feel free to contact Surprise Orthodontics, with a convenient orthodontist office near El Mirage, AZ, by clicking here or by calling 480.725.8209.